Sunday, 17 May 2009

Time (and other things)…

So now that I am toiling in the chilly air-conditioning drinking free coffee and milo and contributing to the GDP of Sri Lanka by staring at a big rectangular object and judging a few unfortunate individuals on what they during their day looking at a slightly smaller rectangular contraption + misleading few filthy-rich westerners on what to do with their illegally earned green, I have been very affectionately labeled a corporate-bastard by the not-so-cynical-gone-all-soft-one (she’s looking at baby products in Arpico I hear). Her whores are her men!

On a mental check, I still haven’t gone all bastardly on anyone, even though I was given a chance few weeks back. My first ever ‘difficulty’ was a brat with a too big of an ego on his shell of a head, sending me irritating text messages on whether I am deserving to be his friend or not. Seriously. I found myself with my mouth open in disbelief immediately followed by flames shooting out my ears for the first few instances of these hysterical ‘friendship episodes’. The cheek of the guy, to base his ‘debate’ coz I didn’t reply a sms on whether I am on his school’s side or not for some stupid bigmatch GIVEN that I never even tried to BE his friend and I am his immediate boss! After a few patient replies I realized I am talking to a complete dickhead and then it became a source of entertainment minus a few instances of me grinding my teeth and being all civil to him while strangling him blue in my head. I was sincerely concerned in the beginning, given that this is the first time I am in charge of a group of people in a corporate level, but I am allergic to bullshit and arrogance, especially coming from a kid who thinks he can become the company CEO within 3 months! (well he said he wanted to get promoted to my level in a few months which got me laughing hysterically (thank god in my head) coz sonny with your attitude, you wont be going anywhere for sometime).

Not trying to scratch my own back here, but I am quite a nice person ‘generally’ :P even to the people I can’t stand I CAN be civil upto a level. But this was pushing the limit over the line and the equator and the bloody sun. And what frustrated me to a level that I am writing this right now is that I joined this place thinking I’ll get exposure to some real issues, not melodramatic highschool comedy!


That done, I’m still getting used to waking up so damn early (6am!) and following a routine. Not having been in a routine for almost 4 years, it’s a good feeling since I perform best when in routine. Which also means uni-life was one whole tangled up mess which I am quite proud of actually.

Now why did I title this post time??

Not quite sure, but I think it’s because this post was meant to be something about how time has being zipping past. People I know are popping out babies and I wonder why?! To realize I am not as 22 as I think I am (and isn’t it strange how many I’s are there in this para? ) I still can’t imagine myself married yet alone cleaning poop and wiping cute asses. But yea recently I’ve been wanting the whole TLC side of things of having a boyfriend and to be honest sometimes it sucks. Today morning was such and such, but a group of 10 year old brats cheered me up by bullying me. I think they help me more than I am helping them to learn. I manage to de-stress by shouting and screaming at them and end up laughing when they just sit their grinning. Impossible but very sweet, most of them.

I just read through what I have typed and if anyone got through to this point, I am sorry. Everything I want to say is coming through too fast to get hold of and sort out and I jsut HAD to type ‘em all. I need to do this writing business more often than this. But time?!



Ooh btw..
Check this site for more.

4 comments:

Gehan said...

long 'time' no see :P

oooh so ur a corporate.. err.. person.. :D and hello, ur 22!! what is with all the baby talk?! relax, u got time for all that, dnt start freaking out about it NOW! :)

and 'brat' sounds hilarious :D

Dee said...

:)

Spice said...

Ahh people still do visit! Thank you!

Gehan> heyy, I have been corporatised! Not much time to blog, and I've come to conclude that most of these creative ones dnt really have any work at work! ;)

You read wrong, I am actually 3 years older. I still don't feel my age tho :S

DC> :)

Gehan said...

ah.. my bad... :)

lol i love how instead of saying "im 25yrs old" u said "im actually 3 years older"... ;) now now, dnt be conscious... lol..