Tuesday, 2 December 2008

BUT I need to vent

Solving the puzzle by Spice

So I have been in a very lousy mood for the past week. Job hunting has become a truly depressing task. I am never one to easily give up on something I have set my mind on, but I might have to settle for less from the way things are going right now. I have always been good at what I do, studies or previous part time jobs. It came naturally, the work hard, party hard attitude. Thus for any employer I am a good investment since I can easily become a happy workaholic corporate whore. So Why am I still jobless!! :( I am slowly loosing my ambitions, my dreams. No, let's not go there. I blame it on the crisis. I don't know what these senior bankers are talking about when they say the US crisis wont affect Sri Lanka. It's affecting every damn private/blue-chip/BPO/financial company in the island. All of them are laying off or restructuring. And definitely not hiring. Have you seen the vacancy pages on sunday papers these days? No? Coz there is none. Or there is a mere 2 paged scrap of paper looking for fit-models for lingerie. I have been considering that, but not sure what the pay is for letting some woman touch you up on the upper field. And can I get some free VS goodies with that to go please? Can? Then I am in. Anyone know what the pay is like for a fit-model?

So yes, I am trying to figure out which way to go these days. While ambitions/career plan A and plan B are slowly getting fucked my head is all messed up. It's going in a rampage of crazy yearnings (of the alcholic kind) and man hunts.

I've been asking good friends to accompany me to a lonely beach plus bonfire, boombox and some ethanol. To watch the sunset and sip a nice mojito with waves lapping at your feet. Orrrr I could do with one of those susbstance induced kiddies rides at excel world. Anything!!
As for the manhunt, it seems a better yielding one than the job hunt. Suddenly there seems to be a lot of attractive bodies around ;) I have lost touch with this whole flirting thing and now I am not sure how it's done. The sublte art of flirting that is. Not the lame overcooked one!
I've EVEN been thinking about getting hitched fashionably young as the trend seems to be these days. Any single rich dudes out there who is willing to take care of my maintenance bills in return for me letting him do whatever he want in thw world?* Tall, dark, slightly built characteristics are preferred but not neccesary.

Sigh. I need to figure out the rest of the jigsaw pieces soon, or I am going to end up the exact opposite of the Ms. Independent I am trying to be, with a rich manwhore.

* - Certain conditions apply.

4 comments:

Confab said...

the job market is terrible these days. even the places that usually employ all the graduates quicker than brothels hire new girls, i.e. MAS, are on a go slow. but good luck!

dec should be good for ur man hunt. plenty of rich folk seem to come down to celebrate the holidays at home :P

Foxhound said...

Lol @ Confab's last statement.!!

Yeah the job market is a little down, but companies are still hiring...

Dee said...

LOL on the ending.

hey did you try topjobs? go through contacts. bug your manager uncle and aunties. There are vacancies, but they are tying to fill em up internally, unless someone can put in a word..hey, its SL. *shrug*

Spice said...

Confab > Brothels and Employers? What a simile! :P
I am not really on a manhunt with a purpose, just happen to notice some good looking bodies around. It's just a backup plan incase the job plan backfires.

Foxhound> They are? Maybe not much in the finance field then.

DC> yeah I have tried topjobs. Thanks though.