Friday, 7 November 2008

There's always the first time..

So here I am. After years of reading and watching the Sri Lankan blogsphere and sometimes participating, I have finally decided to dive right in. Having followed the popular blogs in the likes of Indi, Missing Sandwich, Java, Darwin, the London Drummer, Sach, Lady D, Scrumpy, Middle Child, Gutterflower, n etc etc for ages, it's almost strange that I can relate to you guys (in the strange virtual ways of the www). Yet none of you have any idea of this stranger. Have any one of you paused to wonder who might be reading your blog? There may be a whole world of people out there (possible stalkers, or better yet, know it's them whom you are referring to even though you try to garble out the identity facts ) who might be following your every move silently! :P

Anyhow, well I decided it's finally time to join in. (Honestly I have been too lazy and have been postponing this since 2006, procrastinator much ? )

So let's toast for new beginnings! (I can almost feel the silent 'eh' stares right now!)

17 comments:

Gehan said...

greetings from the darkside! >:)

ahem, ahem.. I HEREBY DOTH TAKETH THY BLOGS COMMENT VIRGINITY!

what?! im not famous!?! DAMMIT!!

jus kidding.. welcome to the blogosphere.. true, im constantly wondering exactly who is reading my blog.. my hit counter shows a mysterious percentage of australians.. confusing...

always good to have somethin new to read! :)

Foxhound said...

Welcome brother (I assume)!

Look forward to seeing your posts.

Gehan said...

@ foxhound - dude, her nick is 'ms spice'.. its kinda obvious.. :P hehe...

Sachi said...

cheers ! :D

Anonymous said...

Keep em coming

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Welcome, welcome. Sorry to come empty handed, but i am fully of envy, and complicated issues.... Morning, symobolically as well as literally..

Foxhound said...

Sorry Ms. Spice and sorry Ms. Gehan.

I was kinda tired... :)

Spice said...

Thank you everybody. Feels nice to be welcomed.
Gehan > Thank you for correcting foxhound. Now why is foxhound referring to you also as Ms.gehan ?
Am I correct in assuming you are a guy (with your female bashing and all that?) :P

Foxhound > :) Thank you.

MiddleChild, Jave > Cheers back !!

Someone important> Thanks for dropping by..

Gehan said...

female bashing?!? i deny everything!!

i dunno abt foxhound.. he's a bit of a stalker, been askin me for nude pics n stuff.. its all very disturbing...

i am, of course, jus kidding.. :) and yes i am definitely a guy.. wait, lemme chk.. yea.. definitely..

Anonymous said...

Welcome! You know most of have no idea who the other bloggers are either. Some are friends but most are complete strangers. One thing though - when you're going through a bad time, these bunch of strangers can seem more like family that your own sometimes. The outpouring of sympathy, empathy, support and virtual hugs are amazing. So welcome and thank you for reading us...

Scrumps said...

Awww! I am touched I feature there! I'm looking froward to reading your blog! :)

Dee said...

welcome :)

Spice said...

TMS, Scrumpy, DC > :) Thank You

TMS, I have witnessed the bonding on this blogsphere for awhile, I was around when your blog was stolen even. I have always wanted to join, but always kept postponing it. I am still very doubtful about how much I reveal though. Have a pretty jaded view about things, and how certain things can bite you in the back..

Lady divine said...

you follow me I see...
I truly feel honoured..:)
and looking forward to more posts from you..:)

Amila Salgado said...

Welcome to blogsphere, Ms.Spice!

Gutterflower said...

Oh my.
I didn't realize I was popular. Very flattered. :)

Greetings and welcome. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Spice said...

Thank you LadyD, Gallicissa, and Gutterflower :)